On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 5:22 PM, Jim March <1.jim.ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 5:09 PM, Matthew A Coulliette<matthew...@cox.net>
> wrote:
> > Cool.
> >
> > GK wrote:
> >> I've found network manager, knet attach, wifi radar to just cause issues
> >> consistently.... for me two apps that are both ncurses but one is
> >> guified do great... the later runs wired and wifi likety split.
> >>

> >> Apps:
> >>
> >> Ceni
> >>
> >> Wicd
> >

> > This solved my problem. I stalled wicd, instead of network-manager.
> > Thanks. - MatthewMPP
>
> Just want to say that NM7 series as found in Ubuntu Intrepid and
> Jaunty was indeed a steaming pile of fester.
>
> NM8 (still in release candidate for Karmic) is looking wonderful.  I
> can't get it to break at all, in any fashion.
>
> Jim

On the other hand, I have had nothing but success with NM since I followed
the instructions back in 8.04?  On perhaps 30 new installs it has never
failed me unless the wireless card was not supported or someones wireless AP
security did not match.

I did have one flaky system with an HP laptop which would work sometimes and
not others.

--
Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
 - Thomas Jefferson