How many times have you seen NM7.x fail to connect to a secure net,
come back and ask for the password again, the password box has a
metric buttload of "dots" in it, you hit the "show password" checkbox
and it's a long scramble of hexipuke?  And then you "correct" the
password, it not only fails again it scrambles the password again?

I've lost count how many times I've seen that - on a variety of WiFi
devices including some with solid FOSS driver support like Intel and
Atheros.

There is NO excuse for the computer just failing to take the password
you put in.  Follow?  I put the dang password in there, I'm the human
bean, it's the 'pooter, it's supposed to frackin' believe me.

Sheesh.

:)

Jim