On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 10:28 PM, Technomage <technomage.ha...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 5/18/10 8:38 PM, Alan Dayley wrote:
>
>> I've stayed out of this latest round of off-topic threads.  I am happy
>> to see vibrant discussion.  I am unhappy to see personal attacks and
>> other silliness.  I'm unhappy to see it go on and on.
>>
>> This is enough.  It's just enough.
>>

> I agree, the OT thread stated above has gone on far too long and caused a
> lot of unnecessary strife.
>
> as for the political (and human) situation we find ourselves in, this quote
> seems most
> appropriate:
> "The avalanche has already started... It is too late for the pebbles to
> vote." - Kosh (babylon 5 tv series season 3)
>
> the situation we find ourselves in was long out of our hands before we even
> became aware of the
> problem, let alone the nature of the problem.

  While Im not completely sure you're referring to our budget crisis and the
effect of illegal aliens, but it is NOT OUT OF OUR HANDS.  We can fix this
problem here in Arizona.  I simply do not believe that it is a political
possibility for California, things are out of their hands there.  We have a
strong conservative element here, all you need to do is let them do their
job.  They will clean up town.  The problem persists for one simple reason
alone: we allow it and we resolve ourselves to it.

  -jmz