Have the the HTC Rezound; my first smart phone. Family has iPhone 4's.
4G/LTE is amazingly fast in areas with good 4G coverage - a serious
advantage of Android has over iPhone.

I switched to VZN from TMO several years ago due to coverage; am happy
enough with them. Currently though, TMO also gets to use ATT towers for the
next few years as part of the compensation for the failed ATT buyout of
TMO. So their coverage should be great. See a TMO store for more info. Plus
an ATT or TMO phone should be somewhat useable overseas, if you travel
abroad enough to care.