What about pings from the server? Also my paranoia about this would have me
checking the arp tables to see if the ip address is getting
mis-somethinged. Also see if uou can make a task that will wrife to a file
once every qp sex and see if the server is falling asleep or if it is
network related.  It may be nic or switch for example.