Rusty,

The test was run from 11 PM to 7 AM, so no one in my house was doing
anything but sawing logs, as far as I know. Yes, teenagers tend to stay up
late, but I would have heard the tv. I don't think any of the other
machines are really doing anything at that time as well.

I don't think anyone is using my wifi....I have a 64 character key for AES
and mac address filter for security. Yes, I know one can eaily spoof the
mac address thing, but it keeps some out. I also have not seen anything
strange in the logs.

Rsync is a good idea, but I agree - fragile, lots to set up, but maybe
worth a thought if nfs tends to be the problem. Maybe a script to check if
a local folder has changed, and then rsync it........

Mark