From: plug-discuss-boun...@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-boun...@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us] On Behalf Of Mark
Phillips
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 9:12 AM
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Strange Server Behavior

Rusty,

The test was run from 11 PM to 7 AM, so no one in my house was doing
anything but sawing logs, as far as I know. Yes, teenagers tend to stay
up late, but I would have heard the tv. I don't think any of the other
machines are really doing anything at that time as well.

I don't think anyone is using my wifi....I have a 64 character key for
AES and mac address filter for security. Yes, I know one can eaily spoof
the mac address thing, but it keeps some out. I also have not seen
anything strange in the logs.

Rsync is a good idea, but I agree - fragile, lots to set up, but maybe
worth a thought if nfs tends to be the problem. Maybe a script to check
if a local folder has changed, and then rsync it........

Mark

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 8:59 AM, Carruth, Rusty