On Sun, 9 Jul 2006, Rogelio Serrano wrote:

Its all about power. If you have read Toffler you know what I mean.

Good point there. I don't believe for a second that Micro$oft gives a monkey's rear-end about the success of Philippines businesses. They opnly see us as consumers and revenue sources. The same for all of the BSA.

For their revenue model to continue generating huge profits, consuemrs must be denied the means to become prosumers (producer/consumers). And that's why they keep trying to suppress open source. Open source is an enabler. it gives power to users and small developers. it breaks the dependency cycle that the BSA wants to perpetuate.

Open source deserves a boost. In fact, we ought to go faterh than that. We ought to REQUIRE all government agencies to use open source applications unless there is no other choice but to use proprietary software. We should giove tax breaks for companies that remain free of illegal software by using open source software (NOT licensed proprietary software).

Maybe that sopunds radical, but if we reach for it, we may be able to achieve more, even if we don't get all we ask for.

God bless!