On Mon, December 22, 2008 6:33 pm, Ian Dexter R. Marquez wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 10:36,  <ramfre...@mandrivauser.org> wrote:
>>
>> given the success that doc mana is getting over the non-Windows installation
>> on
>> his Wind(s), i am beginning to believe that my WPA router encryption is at
>> fault
>> why I cannot make it connect. even my wii cannot connect to the router if i
>> am
>> using WPA2. WEP works though which is my current work-around.
>
> OT: I did away with WEP and WPA2 altogether and left my WiFi open --
> less hassle, more, er, charitable (for neighbors who want to leech,
> but no one ever does). ;) (For some reason, the Nokia phones at home
> can't connect using these encryption.)

<snip>

although WEP is pretty weak, its better than nothing. i have network shares that
are pretty open and i am not yet ready to let anybody into the network. better a
weak fence that i know is weak rather than nothing at all. :)

and nobody in my block is techie enough to leech much yet use a wireless
connection. my neighbor thinks all computers are good for are spreadsheets,
printmaster is the ultimate graphics program and a flash disk is a hard drive.
:)

ciao!

--

"Programming, an artform that fights back"

Anuerin G. Diaz
Registered Linux User #246176
Friendly Linux Board @ http://mandrivausers.org/index.php
http://ramfree17.net/capsule , when you absolutely have nothing else better to