On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Michael
Robinson<plu...@robinson-west.com> wrote:
> I run CentOS 5.3, I try to keep updated because it's CentOS and CentOS
> sadly is way behind as far as Linux distributions go.
>
> People who run CentOS want something that just plain works and they
> don't expect to reinstall their operating system every 6 months or
> sooner.
>
> Ubuntu seems to be the most popular Linux distribution for desktops
> and it seems to be more current, but I'm not sure I like Ubuntu.
> I don't like having to maintain 2 different Linux distributions.
Well, You could always use the LTS version of both server and desktop.

snipped from website
Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Desktop: Released April 2008 and maintained until
April 2011 – ideal for large deployments.
Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Server: Released April 2008 and maintained until April
2013 – ideal for large deployments