>>>>> "Mike" == Mike Connors <mconno...@gmail.com> writes:

Mike> The NPP has been shared in the past. I think if you're
Mike> considering nominating Linus, I think you could make a strong
Mike> case for nominating RMS as well.  Peace comes through
Mike> cooperation, sharing, and community building across cultural
Mike> boundaries. It is the combination of Linux and the Open Source
Mike> (FSF, GPL) which has made the greatest contribution to world
Mike> peace. So I find it difficult to consider nominating one without
Mike> the other.

While I agree about the contribution of RMS relative to Linus, there
are practical considerations.  I think if RMS were awarded a share of
the Nobel Peace Prize, there is a significant chance that he might
refuse to accept it unless it is renamed the GNU/Nobel Peace Prize.

Personally, I think that'd be cool.

seni...@aracnet.com