On Mon, 23 May 2011 18:55:39 -0700
Neal <nsed...@gmail.com> dijo:

>Here's a reference:
>
>http://qualapps.blogspot.com/2007/05/netgear-gs108-gige-switch-failure.html
>
>If you want to try fixing it I've got a bunch of 1000uF/6.3V caps
>leftover from a party pack purchase from DigiKey.
>
>If you don't want to try fixing it perhaps you'd be interested in
>selling/trading it to me?

Fixing, selling, trading are all options. But the trip to Best Buy
today was an emergency measure, as I had no other switches to
substitute for it. Amazing how critical net access has become.

What I really want is a gigabit 24-port switch, as I have a 24-port
patch panel that is connected to the 20+ wired jacks in the house. Such
are expensive, however.

At the moment I need to put the discussion of fixing, trading or
selling on hold as I have some critical work to do in linguistics over
the next couple of weeks. And yes, it requires access to a web-based
corpus over a reasonably fast connection, hence my panic at not being
able to get on the net.