> Robert> On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 06:16:47 -0700 (PDT) Rich Shepard wrote:
> >>  Last Monday I upgraded my Aracnet account to the maximum bandwidth
> >> that Frontier reports for my location (3M down, 768K up). The
> >> change was supposed to take no longer than 48 hours. It is now a
> >> week and my bandwidth has not incresed (according to
> >> speedtest.net).

I've provisioned DSL services before. Generally speaking, a b-wdith upgrade
is relatively quick and easy provisioning change
once the change order has made it to the technician. Assuming of course, the
copper infrastructure from your modem to the telco
is actually capable of supporting that b-width speed you requested. If it's
been a week, there might be some administrative glitch or as
someone already mentioned your request may have necessitated an
infrastructure upgrade to accommodate the additional
b-width you requested. Which although is certainly a possibility, in my
opinion is a bit of an engineering failure. We did
a monthly review of all our circuit/equipment bandwidth capacity and tried
to have enough additional
capacity available for b-width upgrade requests.

But at the very least, if they told you the change shouldn't take more than
48 hrs, as a matter of good customer service they
should've communicated to why it's taken over a week. It's also possible
they processed the change order, and it's complete
according them, but the provisioning may not be correct. It happens a lot
more than any of us work in the telco/ISP biz like to admit...