On Mon, 25 Jul 2011, Mike Connors wrote:

> Assuming of course, the copper infrastructure from your modem to the telco
> is actually capable of supporting that b-width speed you requested.

Mike,

   I requested 3M/768K because my location will not support the maximum of
7M/768K. Aracnet checked with Frontier (on line) to find the maximum for
here.

> But at the very least, if they told you the change shouldn't take more
> than 48 hrs, as a matter of good customer service they should've
> communicated to why it's taken over a week.

   I've had excellent service from Aracnet for more than a dozen years so I
assume they've not had a response to their follow up ticket with Frontier or
I would have been informed.

   Frontier does not impress me. When they installed FIOS cable a year or two
ago, they ran the cable to my neighbor's house in the middle of the strip
between their driveway and mine. Directly under the trunks of a couple of
sweet gum trees that we had cut down a couple of months ago. When the stump
grinder went to work (assuming the cable was off to the side; apperently he
did not call for locator service), the fiber optic cable got chewed up. The
replacement crew admitted it was originally poorly placed; the stump grinder
said he had never cut a cable in the 20 years he's been in business. When
the next-to-last Frontier crew came to re-route the newly installed
replacement fiber, the did put it deep and against the edge of my neighbor's
driveway ... and broke their drain pipe from house gutters to the street.
So, another Frontier crew was called out to replace the drain pipe.

   Since Frontier's technical service business model seems to be based on the
Keystone Kops, I should not be surprised the banswidth upgrade has not yet
been accomplished.

Rich