On Fri, 26 Jul 2013, Tim wrote:

> Can anyone suggest other alternatives that I maybe haven't investigated?

tim,

   The beamer class in LaTeX (or LyX if you prefer the GUI front end). I've
prepared presentations this way for a dozen or more years. The results are
typeset (TeX), math formulae and equations are properly formatted, graphics
can be added in many different formats (I usually use PSTricks for them, but
also use the R lattice package for plots), and the results are .pdf files
using pdflatex. You can navigate easily, any flavor computer that can
display PDF files will work, and you can control everything about the layout
and appearance because underneath it's all LaTeX.

   One of the big advantages is that the presentations look professional, not
the cluttered, difficult-to-read junk that is characteristic of almost all
PPT presentations.

   I can send an example or two if you want to see the results.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.          |      Have knowledge, will travel.
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.   |