My cryptic notes from when 12.04 was released said desktop eol was Apr
2015 and server was Apr 2017. Google brought me to the following page
http://www.ubuntu.com/info/release-end-of-life
which seems to say that they rescinded that distinction. However they do
make a distinction between hardware support (I assume they mean 'new'
hardware support) and maintenance (security and bug fixes). You only get
hardware for 2 years, and security and bug fixes for 5.

Looking at their wiki linked from the above link It looks like the other
question is, which version of 12.04 are you running? 12.04, 12.04.1, .2,
.3 or .4.  There seems to be a tacit assumption that the 5 year LTS only
applies to the latest hardware patch release, so 12.04.4 which was
released in Feb 2014 is the only 12.04 release that gets support until
Apr 2017.  And of course 12.04.04 was released just under the 2 year new
hardware limit, so it will be the last hardware update. So if you update
the kernel (i.e. upgrade to 12.04.04) you get 3 more years of security
and bug fixes.

steve