The Slackware devs released an upgrade for Firefox from 28.n to 31.n.
There are two display changes in the new version that I would like to have
work as they did in earlier versions but I cannot find a way to do this
within Firefox, and Web searches do not find anything relevant (or current).

   1. In earlier versions when the View -> Sidebar menu was set to History
(with a check mark on the left side), it stayed that way when the sidebar
window was closed. Now when the window's closed Ctrl-h no longer opens it;
it requires accessing the menu and re-enabling that option. I would like to
re-enable the use of Ctrl-h to open the sidebar. Might that be on
about:config somewhere?

   2. Earlier versions had the address bar above the set of opened tabs. Now
the tabs are above the address bar. Years of use with the tabs immediately
above the display window makes the change distracting. Might this, too,
be somewhere on the about:config page?

Rich