I’ve been quite happy with my HP 4350DTNSL. You can get a JetDirect card for it
that supports both IPv6 and IPSec (635n). It also has onboard JetDirect. It
duplexes, staples, colates. I got it used when a previous employer went out of
business. In the 5yrs I’ve had it, I’ve changed out the toner, fuser, and
rollers once. Great printer.

> On Jun 27, 2015, at 7:24 PM, John Jason Jordan <joh...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> I need a new desktop laser printer (no inkjets). Black and white is
> preferred, and a duplexer and ethernet are essential, but speed is
> irrelevant. For quite a few years I have been using an HP 4+ decked out
> with a duplexer, as much RAM as it will hold, and genuine Adobe
> Postscript, however it has developed the dreaded "13-paper jam"
> syndrome. From reading a dozen web pages I'm pretty sure it's a sensor
> somewhere, but figuring it out would take hours of my time. I'm ready
> to say kaddish for it. (But if anyone here wants to have a go at fixing
> it, it's all yours.)
>
> There is such a massive number of small desktop printers currently on
> the market that it will take hours and hours of research to figure out
> which will suit my needs. But I am not partial to buying brand new
> printers anyway; I would much prefer older printers that have a
> reputation for years and years of reliable performance.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations?

Louis Kowolowski                                lou...@cryptomonkeys.org
<mailto:lou...@cryptomonkeys.org>
Cryptomonkeys:                                   http://www.cryptomonkeys.com/
<http://www.cryptomonkeys.com/>

Making life more interesting for people since 1977