John:
I've got an old Brother HL-1440 that has (knock on wood) served me so
very well. It was originally purchased for my niece when she entered
High School, probably about 12 years ago??? No ethernet, but because it
has served me so well, I have purchased a few other cheap Brother LASER
printers for installation with my industrial control systems. The last
one I just purchased was a Brother HL-L2360DW with ethernet and
wireless. I am using the ethernet interface.

I bought the HL-L2360DW at Staples for $89.99. Haven't had it long, so I
don't know how long it will hold up.

Best regards,
Wayne