I'm trying to run an network isolated VM image for diagnostics. But I
still need to communicate with the host system to scp log files and such.

Host: Windows 7
CLient: SuSE Linux.

Host based networking isn't working,
Windows shows the VMware Network Adapter VMnet1,
the Linux client in the VM is configured statically for the correct network.
Both hosts can ping their own interface, yet neither can ping the other's
interface.

The Linux client can also get an address via DHCP, but still no inter
machine communication.  I've Googled and saw a mention of needing to
disable IPv6 on Win 7 systems, did that with no change.

Suggestions on how to get these two talking?

--
    Michael Rasmussen
  Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity