On Fri, 3 Mar 2017, Rich Shepard wrote:

> I guess now my task is to disable individual add-ons and see which one
> broke. Now I have a plan ...

   Now I would appreciate suggestions for restoring firefox as it was before.
What I did:

   1. mv ~/.mozilla to ~/.backup.mozilla
   2. start a new firefox and check a couple of web sites.
   3. rm -rf ~/.mozilla
   4. mv ~/.backup.mozilla ~/.mozilla

   What I see now is a fresh firefox with no settings that were present in
the original display/

   5. Copied ~/.mozilla from the 14 February 2017 backup; this was when it
was all working.

   But, I still get a brand-new firefox that does not seem to find the
contents of ~/.mozilla: extensions/  firefox/  mozver.dat  plugins/.
The firefox/ subdirectory has the old contents: 83alcj6t.default/  Crash
Reports/  n2x90tve.default/  profiles.ini. And the 83alcj65.defaults/
subdirectory has all the bookmarks, display setup, etc.

   What might I have done incorrectly that the contents of ~/.mozilla appear
to not be seen and used?

Rich