From: plug-boun...@lists.pdxlinux.org <plug-boun...@lists.pdxlinux.org> on
behalf of Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com>
Sent: Friday, March 3, 2017 7:35:52 AM
To: Portland Linux/Unix Group
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Web browsers not displaying images

On Thu, 2 Mar 2017, Rich Shepard wrote:

> This morning I tested these sites from a different host and they all
> displayed and worked as expected. So the problem is on my desktop
> server/workstation.

> I rebooted the system but this does not fix the problem. I'm at a loss
> where to look for the source of this new issue as I've not before
> encountered anything like it.

   Today I re-installed firefox-45.7.0 but this made no difference. I'm
looking for suggestions for where to look for this problem. It's not
consistent (for example, some images on bbc.com and reuters.com display,
some do not; all images on other news sites display, none display on other
news sites) and affects only this desktop.

   Since rebooting the system and re-installing firefox did not fix the
problem where else should I look?

Puzzled,

Rich