On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 02:35:07PM -0700, Paul Heinlein wrote:
> I dunno. Other than a brief period of time after someone hacked a weak
> non-root account (my daughter, who should have known better) and did a spam
> run -- I haven't had trouble using my Digital Ocean VPS to relay mail.

It's only been in the past year or two that I've been noticing
difficulties.  Some ISPs block all mails, returning an error message;
some accept mail but send it directly to the recipient's spam folder;
others accept mail but then disappear it into /dev/null.

> (I also use it as a SOCKS5 proxy for web browser now that Comcast is
> authorized to monetize my browsing habits.)

Are you using ssh in proxy/tunnel mode?  That's worked well enough,
but lately the connection frequently slows to a crawl.  Not sure who
or what is to blame for that.

--
Paul Mullen