rshep...@appl-ecosys.com said:
>    The slowest I have seen on their web site is a business package (phone +
> internet) at 15/5. That's what's installed here. I've had a business phone
> account with them since they bought Verizon's land-line business some years
> ago.

Ah, OK. I, too have a business account, since I needed the fixed-IP for my mail/
web servers. I'm not running a business here, so I'm otherwise residential. But
I made the mistake of bundling. That turned my phone into a "business" phone,
and there are different do-not-call rules for businesses. I've been paying for
it ever since with constant telemarketing calls to "update my google listing"
and "apply for small business financing", etc.

I finally got fed up and went through the process of un-bundling and
transfering my phone back to residental service. At that time I had 25/25, and
noticed that the slowest offering they had was 30/30, so I called and they
upgraded my service to the higher speed without any hassle.

This is the first time I've seen the 15/5. They must have realized there was a
demand for a (much) lower-cost offering.

I've since dropped their phone service entirely and ported my number to Vonage.
I get much better service/features, and my phone bill is only $17.50/mo.

I also notice that their current bundle promotion for 50/50 is less than I'm
paying for Internet-only.... Maybe I should give them a call.