On Sat, Feb 10, 2024 at 1:04 PM Ted Mittelstaedt <t...@portlandia-it.com> wrote:

> I used a free dynamic DNS provider for my customers who were not running
> their own mailserver and too small to want to spend the money on a static IP,
> and then they could just use the community openvpn client to remote into
> their network, instead of crapping up their computers with additional spyware
> from companies like tailscale that monitors where they go on the web (that's
> how tailscale, and gmail and the rest of that crowd pay for their servers)
>
> There's always an angle for the commercial providers who are offering "free"
>   Always.
>
> Ted

If you are using Tailscale then you are only going to places inside
your own private network. There is no idea of going outside that
network so there would be nothing for them to monitor or "spy" on.
They in fact do charge if you have a large enough network or want
commercial support. I think you are confusing them with some type of
other VPN provider.

BIll