> On Dec 14, 2017, at 5:31 PM, Russell Senior <russ...@personaltelco.net> wrote:
>
> The model here is that Frontier did something on their modem (updated
> firmware or whatever) that suddenly conflicts with your network.  I am
> guessing, and asking questions to confirm or rule out that theory.

I would be delighted if that were correct, but two things rule against it to me:
1. even the “techs” who answer the phone should have known about this once they
heard theNetgear model no.
2. Just Because (stubbornness), I am now back to using the Zoom modem

It was my hope that, once the “tech” found out I was ising an “unauthorized”
modem, he/she would pass me along to somebody who actually knew something. So
far I haven’t gotten past the Outer Guard. They are a stubborn lot, at Frontier.

Thanks

Bob

    ---------
If it smells it's chemistry, if it crawls it's biology, if it doesn't work it's
physics.