> Can you ping the internet from the router?  It is plugged in directly.
>
> Are you sure you haven't scrambled your ethernet cables?

Yes and no <grin> From the router, or any other machine on the LAN I can get to
the dal modem. Can successfully ping the dos servers and gateway. One of the
Frontier techs gave me the ip no. for Frontier.yahoo.com - their web portal.
Interestingly enough I could ping it Tuesday, but not Wednesday or today.

My brain is now scrambled.

Russell, I have checked, double-checked, cross-checked, and toasty
cinnamon-coated wheat checks the entire setup, LAN and WAN, rebooted everything
that was capable of rebooting, and then, just to make sure, checked again.

The only conclusion I can draw is that Frontier has made a change in their
system, or, this was their policy all along, and it took them this long to
catch up to me.

Thanks

Bob

    --------
If it smells it's chemistry, if it crawls it's biology, if it doesn't work it's
physics.