On 12/7/18 10:47 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Dec 2018, King Beowulf wrote:
>
>> You probably meant "calligra" often included as part of the KDE desktopm
>> suite.
>
> Ed,
>
>   Yep. That I did.
>
>> Calligra offers a few more integrated programs than LO, but I find LO
>> much
>> easier to use ...
>
>   I've never really liked office suite packages, starting in the mid-1980s
> with those DOS applications such as Framework. I prefer to pick and choose
> application-specific tools.
>
>   Abiword is building now; gnumeric will follow.
>
>   I've deleted calligra but haven't found the proper 'removepkg ...' syntax
> to remove all the internationalized language files. The man page didn't
> suggest how to do a bulk remove and I don't want to do each of the zillion
> files manually. Are you aware of a bulk remove syntax?
>
> Regards,
>
> Rich

Rich

Slackpkg has a "remove-template" option.  A template is just a list of
packages to add or remove. generate a list of all installed packages

slackpkg generate-template <some name>

edit /etc/slackpkg/templates/<some name>.template as needed.  then

slackpkg remove-template <some name>

you can also create a templet with just

kde
kdei

and then "remove-template" will delete everything from those 2 DVD
install folders.

see manpage a docs.slackware

-Ed