I've gone back and forth with distros for a long time.  Ubuntu works fine
for me - I don't have the rolling release blues like I often got with Arch,
or the ancient tools like I did with Debian or CentOS.
I like deb over rpm based solely on what I got used to.
If I need the bleeding edge of something odds are there is a PPA out there
making it happen.
Started in Ubuntu in the 5.x era.  Running 19.04 at home at the moment.
Anymore I don't like having to spend ages setting up a development box.  I
want mostly stable with the toolchains I need.  Ubuntu fits the bill for me.

On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 9:02 AM Paul Heinlein <heinl...@madboa.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 27 May 2019, Tomas Kuchta wrote:
>
> > What is this about? Are you honestly asking question about someone
> > elses opinion? Are you willing to accept the answers? What ever they
> > may be?
> >
> > Obviously, the answer to your question - what is the best Linux
> > distro - is 42.
> >
> > 42 - Because it depends on what is the the question and who is
> >      asking it.
>
> +1
>
> Draw up your list of requirements, which might include
>
> * stability
> * support for a certain application
> * bleeding-edge software
> * scalable administration
> * good desktop interface
> * support for specific or niche hardware
> * minimal disk/RAM footprint
> * commercial technical support
> * ease of installation
> * ease of administration
>
> and then locate a distribution that fits your requirements. I find it
> difficult to believe that after 25 years of Linux distribution
> releases people are still looking for one distribution that will check
> all those boxes (as well as others I didn't list). None is perfect;
> each pursues certain priorities at the expense of others.
>
> --
> Paul Heinlein
> heinl...@madboa.com

Darren R. Couch