On Sun, 22 Dec 2019, wes wrote:

The phrasing here is not as clear as it could be. It sounds like you're
referring to the two connections as if they are totally separate.

Wes,

There are three ports on the PoE injector: AC power off the wall wart, "Data
In" on the PoE injector in which is connected to either the router (any LAN
port) or the gigabit switch (any port), and "Pwr+Data Out" which is
connected to the Meraki. My question was to what the "Data In" port should be
connected: the router or the gigabit switch. Either way, the inejctor is
between the "Data In" supplier and the WAP.

ER-X <-> POE injector (with power supply also connected) <-> Meraki WAP

Thank you. That's what I assumed and asked for confirmation which you
supply.

Happy holidays,