On 4/6/20 10:57 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
My sister's in an independent living facility in the Bay Area and has been
in her apartment for the past 3 weeks as the facility is locked down both
externally and internally. Not being able to read (she's legally blind) nor able to get audio books because the California library is closed means that there's little to do but watch TV which is quite depressing. So I offered to
copy some of my music cds for her.

Since I'm not dealing with digital audio files as source I need to rip the
audio cds to a digital format (does it matter which one?), then create an
audio disk image that I can write to a blank cd disk.

I've not seen a suitable package in SBo's audio repo and have not before
done anything like this so I ask for advice and recommendations for software for the two steps: ripping from disk to digital then writing digital tracks
to a cd-rw disk.

When I digitize my LPs I'm using a USB turntable, but I used to do the same thing with the audio out from the turntable to the audio in on the computer's sound card. I use Audacity to record and save as .mp3.

For burning the audio to a CD-RW, have you searched for Slackware CD burning tools?

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens