On Wed, 3 Jun 2020, Tomas Kuchta wrote:

Bunch of us are meeting weekly on meet.jit.si for 2+ months - it works
great for all of us, using Google chrome, chromium and Firefox running on
Ubuntu, openSuse, macOS, chromeOS and Android. All Linux usage is
pulseAudio configured through pavucontrol - that is how we resolved
initial setup issues amongst us.

Tomas,

I assumed there should be no problem and that's why I don't understand why
I'm seeing issues here. Firefox won't connect to meet.jut.si
(mozilla-firefox-68.9.0esr). Chromium and Google Chrome do.

So far meet.jit.si has been great for us. It needs Intel core CPU or
better and full battery on Android. Intel atom CPU was not enough to work
properly.

Oh, so it won't work with AMD processors?

A) Your left ear headset problems would indicate that you are using wrong
audio jack or adapter.

Excuse me. There is a single, green outlined jack on both the front and rear
panels. What is wrong with that jack?

B) your USB audio probably needs to be set as default/fallback in
pavucontrol: both input and output devices and left connected.

I used the headset with ring central so the pavucontrol settings and the
green-outlined jack on the front panel worked just fine.

D) nothing against slackware - seriously - get vanilla Ubuntu installed on
one of the spare devices to gain experience with well supported mainstream
distro first. It will calibrate your expectations of what can work and
how.

Feh. I haven't see this in years.