On Mon, 29 Jun 2020, Tomas Kuchta wrote:

You have said earlier that the microphone is connected by USB to your
computer. That USB connection is the audio card for the microphone. No
matter what you other card you add to your PC, the microphone will still
work through the build in USB sound card.

Thomas,

Yes, pavucontrol, aplay, and arecord all show the microphone as a sound
card. My audio inexperience means that I don't know what this means or how
to make use of it.

I'm going to look for a preamp for this dynamic microphone or an adapter for
the audio cable to USB.

Thanks,