On Tue, 30 Jun 2020, Rich Shepard wrote:

I'm going to look for a preamp for this dynamic microphone or an adapter
for the audio cable to USB.

There are multiple XLR-USB adapters with built-in preamps/gain boosters. The
AT2005USB comes with an XLR cable so that's the solution. However, some
adapters have built-in 48 volt booster power which is apparently required
for condenser mics but not dynamic mics (which is what the AT2005USB is;
designed for speaking rather than singing). Some dynamic mics are 'balanced'
and can handle the +48 volts; some aren't. I don't know whether the mic I
have is balanced.

So, I contacted a pro audio company through their web site and asked for
their recommendations for XLR-USB adapter/preamp that will work with my
microphone. I hope they resond today.

Regards,