On 1/21/21 8:11 AM, Michael Barnes wrote:
Is there a way to execute a script via email? I have a machine that does
several monitoring tasks of equipment. When certain conditions are detected
and at scheduled times, the machine sends status emails to me. I would like
to send an email back to execute a script to perform tasks.

Is there an easy way to do this?

I'm not sure about the "easy" part, but take a look at procmail and its recipes.

I don't use it, but the utility ingests mail, analyzes it, and then "takes an action" which is generally just a routing of some sort.

There shouldn't be any reason why you might be able to trigger a script instead.

dafr