On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 20:18:27 -0800
Dick Steffens <d...@dicksteffens.com> dijo:

>On 3/8/21 6:20 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>> On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 15:34:56 -0800
>> Dick Steffens <d...@dicksteffens.com> dijo:

>Mayhaps panel is more correct. What I mean is the panel at the top of
>the screen (which can be relocated elsewhere, but on my machine it's
>at the top). When one starts an application, that's where the "button"
>goes, the one you click on to bring that application to the front if
>it's hidden behind a bunch of others.

OK, right-click on an empty spot to bring up its properties, and at the
top of the popup it'll probably say 'window buttons.' If so, then it is
the window buttons plugin for the panel. It can be removed from the
panel or moved before or after other panel plugins. And while the
window buttons right-click popup is open you can select its Properties,
where you can choose how the buttons are displayed. There are several
options, and I recommend that you play with them a bit. I keep mine set
to the option where I can move them wherever I want them, but you can
also keep them always in alphabetical order, or in groups, and there
are other options as well.

And if its not 'window buttons' then I have no suggestions.