On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 17:10:50 -0700
King Beowulf <kingbeow...@gmail.com> dijo:

>Note that '1000baseT/Half 1000baseT/Full' is missing.

>For grins ad giggles you can try this to see it the speed suddenly
>jumps. ifconfig may display a bunch of TX errors, but at least it will
>isolate the issue a bit more. Ignore the VPN for now - it is irrelevant
>for hardware troubleshooting.
>
># ethtool -s eth0 speed 1000 duplex full
>
>'ethtool eth0' should now report 1000 Mb/s and you can try a speed
>test.

That did it!

The command I used was 'sudo ethtool enx3ce1a1c0dbfc speed 1000 duplex
full,' which executed without error. Immediately thereafter I ran
Speedtest and got 405 Mbps down and 315 Mbps up, that is, with the VPN
running, which is par for the course. Oh, and then I ran ifconfig,
which showed no errors.

So apparently no bad wires, but it leaves me with the question, why?
What happened to cause this?