My Lenovo had no problem running several different distributions over the years it was in service...for what that's worth.

Bruce

On 11/29/21 10:09 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
On Mon, 29 Nov 2021, Rich Shepard wrote:

I believe that Lenovo is continuing it's linux support in its new laptops.
Is there any reason why I could not install linux on the Lenovo Laptop
IdeaPad 5 15ALC05 82LN006CUS AMD Ryzen 7 5000 Series 5700U (1.80GHz) 8 GB Memory 512 GB PCIe SSD AMD Radeon Graphics and upgrade the memory and the
hard drive?

Newegg's chat person could not find an answer to my question and Lenovo
doesn't have a chat service and every attempt to contact them via their web
site requires a product serial number.

I don't follow hardware for linux and cannot find whether this laptop
supports the OS so I guess I'll not upgrade my old Dell.