The tcpdump utility would show you the ip addresses you are connecting
to. A well timed "sudo netstat -tn" or "sudo lsof -n -i TCP" might do
as well. You could also use tcpdump to spy on your DNS lookups.
Another option would be strace, which would show you full URLs along
with gigantic quantities of other things. I don't use synaptic, so I'm
not sure how you even launch it, but it's easy to wrap anything
started from a shell in an strace invocation:

  strace -f -s256 -o /tmp/strace-my-command.log <mycommand>

and then search in /tmp/strace-my-command.log with grep or something
(maybe less with a / search) for gethostbyname or similar and then
poke around nearby. Or maybe look for "GET" in a string with a package
name. The strace command basically sees all system calls (i.e., to the
kernel) with their arguments from your program (and children, with the
-f option) and logs them. Without having done what you are asking
about, specifically, that's probably how I would approach the
question.