On Fri, Feb 4, 2022 at 8:19 PM Keith Lofstrom <kei...@kl-ic.com> wrote:

> Is PGP still an OK way to encrypt a document to send
> securely as an attachment via email?

Yes.

> Is there a "phonebook" of trustworthy PGP public keys?

Yes, there are many to choose from, but your interlocutore might not
be listed. The "trustworthiness" comes from having them confirm their
public key fingerprint over the phone or something you can convince
yourself is correct. The other issue is whether they are the sole
possessor of their private key, that it hasn't been compromised
somehow. You kind of have to trust them on that.