On Fri, Feb 4, 2022 at 9:00 PM Russell Senior <russ...@personaltelco.net> wrote:

> Another possible listing place is keybase.io. It takes a slightly
> different approach to key validation. The basic idea is that you
> demonstrate your control of the matching private key by using it to
> sign proofs on various platforms (websites, social media, etc), that
> keybase tracks and validates. People can confirm that at least the
> person who controls the domain name, or website or twitter or some
> others, also has access to the private key. So, if you think they'd
> have noticed if they lost control of those things and somehow let you
> know, then it's reasonable to infer that it's really them that
> provided the public key.

I take back anything remotely positive I said about keybase. I recall
that it was interesting a few years ago, but clearly I hadn't looked
at it recently.

Desirable features, like for example publishing my key and letting me
do operations locally without their keybase application seem to be
missing now.