On 1/10/23 13:24, Bill Barry wrote:
On Tue, Jan 10, 2023 at 3:10 PM Dick Steffens<d...@dicksteffens.com>  wrote:
On 1/10/23 12:21, Bill Barry wrote:
On Tue, Jan 10, 2023 at 2:03 PM Dick Steffens<d...@dicksteffens.com>   wrote:
I'm trying to run two programs that need JACK, MuseScore and GrandOrgue.

I start JACK with QjackCtl. When I click "Start" I get an error message
telling me "D-BUS: JACK server could not be started." Searching for that
error message sent me to:

https://jackaudio.org/faq/pulseaudio_and_jack.html

where I'm told to change a setting in QJackctl. It says there's a field
labeled "Server path".  I find no such field, nor anything that looks
like it could be it.

Any idea where I should look next?

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens
How about QJackCtl -help ?
Bill
rsteff@ENU-1:~$ qjackctl -help
Warning: no translation found for 'en_US' locale:
/usr/share/qjackctl/translations/qjackctl_en_US.qm
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1,
skipping unlock
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1,
skipping unlock

Running qjackctl -help produces the above, but it does start the gui
application.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens
I don't really know, but you could try this
https://askubuntu.com/questions/250508/unable-to-start-jack-server-service-is-available-org-jackaudio-service-aka-ja
Bill

I had a look and conclude that this will require more time than I have at the moment.

Thanks for your help. If I ever get it figured out I'll try to remember to post the solution.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens