On Thu, 28 Sep 2023, John Jason Jordan wrote:

My efforts worked perfectly for years, but now I'm migrating from Xubuntu
22.04.3 to SparkyLinux 7.0, and I'd like to migrate cron jobs in the
process. SparkyLinux automatically mounts / and /home from Xubuntu, so I
can just copy config files from the old OS to the new OS. However, I can't
figure out where cron on Xubuntu kept the jobs. They're in some config
file somewhere on those partitions, but where they are is a mystery. Can
someone give me a clue?

John,

I don't know where those distros keep cron files. But, look first at /etc/;
there should be a set of cron directories there; e.g., cron.d/, cron.daily/,
cron.hourly/, cron.monthly/, cron.weekly/.

Second, use the `slocate' command, a.k.a. `whois'. (`locate' should also
work); e.g., `locate cron' will show all files with cron in their names.

You can also use locate to find the names of the cron files you wrote.

HTH,