On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 16:13:28 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com> dijo:

>I don't know where those distros keep cron files. But, look first at
>/etc/; there should be a set of cron directories there; e.g., cron.d/,
>cron.daily/, cron.hourly/, cron.monthly/, cron.weekly/.
>
>Second, use the `slocate' command, a.k.a. `whois'. (`locate' should
>also work); e.g., `locate cron' will show all files with cron in their
>names.

Yeah, both distros have /etc/cron/daily folders, which is where
both cron jobs should be; they ran daily only. Most of the files are
identical between the two distros. None have my name on them or
anything that looks like it might be something that I produced. On
Xubuntu I originally had 20.04, then 22.04, so if the timestamp on a
file is before 2020 it couldn't be mine. But here's something that
makes no sense: In the cron/daily folder for Xubuntu there is a file
'brave-browser ... 9.27.2023.' WTH? The last time I booted to Xubuntu
was a week ago, for only a couple of hours, and the OS hasn't been run
since. My gast is flabbered.

The cron jobs were just one-liners in crontab, so an easier way to deal
with this would be to boot to Xubuntu, run crontab -e, copy the jobs to
a small text file somewhere accessible, then reboot to Sparky and paste
them into Sparky's crontab-e.