Jeff Anderson wrote:
> When I went to buy a laptop I couldn't find any other laptop with
> similar specs to my macbook pro 15" base model that didn't cost at LEAST
> $300-$400 more.

Currently the ThinkPad T61 can give a MacBook Pro 15" a run for its
money.  Of course for me a MacBook Pro is just too big.  I'm a bit
bitter Apple wasted their time on this MacBook Air thing and didn't
provide me with a nice MacBook Pro 12"!

> OS X is plenty quick. Have you ever used it?

I am living proof that people should avoid Apple as much as they avoid
Microsoft.  See now I'm tied in now.  I am reluctant to give up OS X
even though a Thinkpad fits my needs (in terms of hardware) better than
a MacBook.  Sigh. :)  Apple hooked me on their OS that's tied to a
single platform.  I used to think this was okay, but now I realize that
they have locked me into their hardware too (duh!), which is probably okay.

--
Michael Torrie
Assistant CSR, System Administrator