Oh yeah, I've used it -- I've used it daily since 2003, then last
month I got fed up and went back to Linux.  And daily I see that
stupid pinwheel of death spinning.  And I'm not running a junky old
Mac, it's a 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro (not the base model).

Anywho, if you feel like OS X is fast, then nothing I say is going to
change your mind.