Chad wrote:

> And now my ignorance:
> When people talk about conversation-style email, I had always figured
> that was threading.  Now I read a lot about people hating Gmail's web
> interface because it doesn't thread.  I guess I am saying... I don't
> know what threading is and how it differs from Gmail's
> "Conversation-Style" email reading.  Anyone care to point me to a
> resource showing the difference or explain it to me?

Threaded means each e-mail references a unique header id of the e-mail
it's replying to.  This allows a nested display of e-mails that looks
something like the image I've attached to this e-mail.

With true treading, it's easy to see the flow of the conversation, who
started it, etc.

<<inline: threads.jpg>>