On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 20:57 -0600, Michael Torrie wrote:
> I was just noticing that
> thunderbird will split off sub-threads into their own collapse-able
> trees once the parent node is deleted, which is nice.

And Evolution doesn't even require that you do that much. Every message
is displayed with its own toggle allowing you to collapse any arbitrary
sub-thread any time.

Before anyone is filled with righteous indignation forcing them to point
out that Evolution suck, let me point out that all MUAs suck. And
Evolution's developers have been working hard to make it suck less.
About three months ago, I got fed up with Evolution and tried several
popular (and un-popular) alternatives. I came back to Evolution because
(1) its IMAP has improved to the point it was better than everything
else I tried (2) its threading works beautifully (3) its GPG integration
worked best (4) I have 2GB RAM, they've trimmed Evolution down but I
don't care.