On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 03:03:13PM -0600, Matthew Walker wrote:

> Not to long ago, I read Starship Troopers for the first time, and it
> got me thinking. I don't know if we need to go as far as they did
> (Only those who have served in the military being able to vote), but
> I have moments when I think that a good chunk of the modern
> population should be banned from voting, because of how little they
> know about the issues that they are voting on.

Just to set the record straight, Heinlein did not say that only
military veterans got the vote, just veterans. I.e. those who had seen
government service, military or otherwise. The idea was, you had to
have made some contribution in order to have the vote on how other
peoples' contributions were deployed.