On Thursday 19 June 2008, Levi Pearson wrote:
> If you simply want your favorite 3rd party to gain prominence and
> someday win an election, I'm afraid you're mostly likely going to have
> to keep dreaming.  We're just not set up that way, unless a major
> shake-up happens.  And in that case, it will be one of the *new* two
> major parties, and will soon look just like the old ones.

Agreed. But, therein lies the problem: the two-party system that leaves no
room for anything else. It's essentially a political oligopoly--they just
make it look like there's a difference to make it look "fair", when it's
really the same people pulling all the strings on both sides.

So, how then, working 'with' the system (that is, continuing to vote
mainstream), can the system ever possibly be changed? I don't see it ever
happening in that way.